How Can I Get My Facebook Post Seen By More People???
I was recently reading an email from PRWeb and it has some very good things to say about Facebook post and what can be done to get them seen. Since it was an email I thought that I would put it below for future reference to share with those interested in knowing how to get their content seen in Facebook. So here is what the email said…
Facebook recently revealed how its News Feed algorithm selects what content to show individual users. The visibility of your brand’s page depends heavily on the following:
- How often someone interacts with your page
- How many of the person’s friends have interacted with your posts
- How often the person has interacted with similar content in the past
- The type of posts the person has hidden in the past
Facebook also announced some new developments:
- Story bumping: Facebook used to display all unseen news stories on top of the News Feed. Now, it “bumps” older posts to the top if they are more relevant to users.
- Last actor: Facebook looks at the last 50 people a user interacted with and displays more of their content.
How can you help your content gain more visibility within this context? In a nutshell, be more engaging. Here are three tactics:
- Solicit feedback
Encourage comments by posing a question or asking for feedback from fans. People like being able to talk to a brand. Choose your questions thoughtfully, and listen and reply to what your fans say in response.
- Give people more of what they want
Use Facebook’s free analytics to determine which types of content elicit the most engagement from your fans. Then, provide more of that content. People tend to like and share photos and videos; long, text-heavy posts yield less engagement.
- Provide a clear call to action
If you want people to like or share your content, just ask! A simple “Share /Like this if you agree!” can go a long way in driving engagement and increasing brand visibility.
As new changes to Facebook continue to roll out, high-value content is the most important asset. Good content will share itself – increasing engagement and your brand’s News Feed presence.